On this page you will find the general sales, delivery and payment conditions of Boots & Woods.
Artikel 1 - Definitions
In these conditions the following terms have the following meanings:
1. Reflection period: the period within which the consumer can exercise his right of withdrawal;
2. Consumer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and who enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
3. Day: calendar day;
4. Duration transaction: a distance contract with regard to a series of products and / or services, the delivery and / or purchase obligation of which is spread over time;
5. Durable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
6. Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to withdraw from the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
7. Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products and / or services to consumers at a distance;
8. Distance contract: an agreement whereby, within the framework of a system for distance selling of products and / or services organized by the entrepreneur, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, use is exclusively made of one or more communication techniques. distance;
9. Technology for distance communication: means that can be used for the conclusion of an agreement, without the consumer and entrepreneur coming together in the same room at the same time.
Artikel 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Phone number: 0229-542020
E-mailadres: [email protected]
Chamber of Commerce number: 68820410
BTW-identification number: NL857606335B01
If the activity of the entrepreneur is subject to a relevant licensing system: thedata on the supervisory authority:
If the entrepreneur practices a regulated profession:
- the professional association or organization to which he is affiliated;
- the professional title, the place in the EU or the European Economic Area where it was awarded;
- a reference to the professional rules that apply in the Netherlands and instructions where and how these professional rules are accessible.
Artikel 3 - Applicability
1. These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the entrepreneur and to every distance contract concluded between the entrepreneur and the consumer.
2. Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions can be viewed by the entrepreneur and they will be sent free of charge at the request of the consumer.
3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, notwithstanding the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions can be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that it is consumer can be easily stored on a durable medium. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general terms and conditions can be consulted electronically and that they will be sent free of charge electronically or otherwise at the request of the consumer.
4. In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply mutatis mutandis and in the event of conflicting general terms and conditions, the consumer can always rely on the applicable provision that applies to him. is most beneficial.
Artikel 4 - The offer
1. If an offer has a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be explicitly stated in the offer.
2. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and / or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to allow a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images, these are a true representation of the products and / or services offered. Obvious mistakes or obvious errors in the offer do not bind the entrepreneur.
3. Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to the acceptance of the offer. This concerns in particular:o the price including taxes;o any delivery costs;
* the way in which the agreement will be concluded and which actions are required for this;
* whether or not to apply the right of withdrawal;
* the method of payment, delivery and implementation of the agreement;
* the period for accepting the offer, or the period within which the entrepreneur guarantees the price;
* the level of the rate for distance communication if the costs of using the technique for distance communication are calculated on a basis other than the regular basic rate for the means of communication used;
* whether the contract is filed after conclusion, and if so, how it can be consulted by the consumer;o the way in which the consumer, before concluding the contract, can check the data provided by him under the contract and repair it if desired;
* any other languages ??in which, in addition to Dutch, the contract can be concluded;
* the codes of conduct to which the entrepreneur is subject and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically;
* ando the minimum duration of the distance contract in the event of an extended transaction.
1. The agreement is concluded, subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, when the consumer accepts the offer and meets the corresponding conditions.
2. If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately electronically confirm receipt of the acceptance of the offer. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by the entrepreneur, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
3. If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will observe appropriate security measures.
4. The entrepreneur can - within legal frameworks - inform whether the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If, on the basis of this investigation, the entrepreneur has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request, stating reasons, or to attach special conditions to the execution.
5. The entrepreneur will send the following information with the product or service to the consumer, in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable medium:
a. the visiting address of the establishment of the entrepreneur where the consumer can go with complaints;
b. the conditions under which and the manner in which the consumer can exercise the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c. information about guarantees and existing after-sales service;
d. the information included in article 4 paragraph 3 of these conditions, unless the entrepreneur has already provided this information to the consumer before the execution of the agreement;
e. the requirements for terminating the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is indefinite.
6. In the event of an extended transaction, the provision in the previous paragraph only applies to the first delivery.
Artikel 6 - Right of withdrawal
On delivery of products:
1. When purchasing products, the consumer has the option to dissolve the contract without giving any reason during 14 days. This reflection period commences on the day after receipt of the product by the consumer or a representative designated in advance by the consumer and announced to the entrepreneur.
2. During the reflection period, the consumer will handle the product and packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he makes use of his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all accessories and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.When providing services:
3. When providing services, the consumer has the option to dissolve the contract without giving any reason during at least fourteen days, starting on the day of entering into the contract.
4. To make use of his right of withdrawal, the consumer will focus on the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur with the offer and / or at the latest upon delivery.
Artikel 7 - Costs in case of withdrawal
1. If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, at most the costs of return will be for his account.
2. If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the return or cancellation.
3. The costs incurred such as Paypal, Bank cash / MisterCash, MasterCard, Visa, Sofort UberWeisung costs will be deducted from your invoice. These are the fixed costs of the payment method and a percentage of the amount determined by the payment method. iDeal or deposited amounts through the bank account is free.
Artikel 8 - Exclusion of right of withdrawal
1. The entrepreneur can exclude the right of withdrawal of the consumer insofar as provided for in paragraphs 2 and 3. The exclusion of the right of withdrawal only applies if the entrepreneur has clearly stated this in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement.
2. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:a. that have been created by the entrepreneur in accordance with the consumer's specifications;b. which are clearly personal in nature;c. which by their nature cannot be returned;d. that can spoil or age quickly;e. the price of which is subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;f. for individual newspapers and magazines;g. for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
3. Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
a. concerning accommodation, transport, restaurant business or leisure activities to be performed on a specific date or during a specific period;
b. whose delivery has begun with the express consent of the consumer before the reflection period has expired;
c. concerning bets and lotteries.
Artikel 9 - The price
1. During the period of validity stated in the offer, the prices of the products and / or services offered will not be increased, except for price changes as a result of changes in VAT rates.
2. Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur can offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence, with variable prices. This link to fluctuations and the fact that any stated prices are target prices are stated in the offer.
3. Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
4. Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:a. they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions; orb. the consumer is authorized to terminate the agreement with effect from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
5. The prices stated in the offer of products or services include VAT.
Artikel 10 - Compliance and Warranty
1. The entrepreneur guarantees that the products and / or services meet the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of soundness and / or usability and the statutory requirements existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement. provisions and / or government regulations. If agreed, the entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
2. A guarantee provided by the entrepreneur, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that the consumer can assert against the entrepreneur under the agreement.
3. The products consist of natural materials, which may differ in color and thickness of the material from those in the product photos, here no legal rights and/or claims apply to the consumer.
Artikel 11 - Delivery and implementation
1. The entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
2. The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
3. With due observance of what is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the company will execute accepted orders expeditiously, but at the latest within 30 days, unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than 30 days after placing the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to dissolve the contract without costs and the right to any compensation.
4. In case of dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will refund the amount that the consumer has paid as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after dissolution.
5. If delivery of an ordered product proves to be impossible, the entrepreneur will endeavor to make a replacement article available. At the latest upon delivery, it will be stated in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement item is being delivered. For replacement items right of withdrawal can not be excluded. The costs of a possible return shipment are for the account of the entrepreneur.
6. The risk of damage and / or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer or a pre-designated and representative announced to the entrepreneur, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
Artikel 12 - Duration transactions
1. The consumer can terminate an agreement that has been concluded for an indefinite period at any time with due observance of the agreed cancellation rules and a notice period of no more than one month.
2. An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period has a term of maximum two years. If it has been agreed that the distance contract will be extended if the consumer remains silent, the contract will be continued as an agreement for an indefinite period and the notice period after continuation of the contract will be a maximum of one month.
Artikel 13 - Payment
1. Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within 14 days after the commencement of the cooling-off period as referred to in Article 6, paragraph 1. In the event of an agreement to provide a service, this period commences. after the consumer has received the confirmation of the agreement.
2. When selling products to consumers, general terms and conditions may never stipulate an advance payment of more than 50%. When prepayment has been stipulated, the consumer cannot assert any rights regarding the execution of the relevant order or service (s) before the stipulated prepayment has taken place.
3. The consumer has the duty to report inaccuracies in payment data provided or stated to the entrepreneur without delay.
4. In case of default by the consumer, the entrepreneur has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the reasonable costs made known to the consumer in advance.
Artikel 14 - Complaints procedure
1. The entrepreneur has a well-publicized complaints procedure and handles the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
2. Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted to the entrepreneur within a reasonable time, fully and clearly described, after the consumer has discovered the defects.
3. Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will reply within the period of 14 days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
4. If the complaint cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, a dispute will arise that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
Artikel 15 - Disputes
1. Contracts between the entrepreneur and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions apply are governed exclusively by Dutch law.
Artikel 16 - Additional or different terms
Additional or deviating provisions from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier.